Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Co. Clare, 28-August-2011

People: 6 anglers of Shannon town AC
Duration: 12:00pm until 4:00pm
Tide: 11:49 0.60m 18:07 5.00m
Weather: NW Moderate sunny with cloud
Bait: Mack, Eel, squid
Rigs: me: three hook clip ups and three hook golds. All size 2s. 4/0 ledger.
Results:Winner had 2 conger and 2 huss to 3kg I think
Second had 2 dogs
Me: one dog
Report: Two lads fished the Currachs and four of us fished the steps. With the strong flooding tide I went with the steps so I could fish all the way through as the currachs has a massive tide run. In similar conditions earlier in the year I had 13 dogs from the steps. I missed three bites with one of the fish on until it was knocked off going over the ledge. In the end I was just glad not to blank. One of the lads with me had two dogs which was enough to get second.



It turned out the Currachs gave some good fishing but a lot of fish lost to snags leaving one with a dog and the other with 4 fish of conger and huss to over 3 Kilo. The winner only started catching fishing on the heavy flood two hours in with a lob a few yards out as that was all that would hold bottom.

Mackerel were breaking the surface all the way through with herring fry jumping up on to the rocks. The scales were suspended to the clear water like a glitter ball. One of the lads cousins came over to spin for them and had a few Joeys as we were leaving.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donagh
    I am French , i shall stay to Kilkee two weeks for shore fishing , from may 6th ,i hope to see you there.
    Regards , alainpaddy

    ReplyDelete