Sunday, June 21, 2015

The clean ground mark that wasn't, 16th June 2014 Gs mark

I was fishing a clean ground mark on a spring high tide on the ebb. This is a place that has given me double figure ray at distance with a long flowing trace with squid and sand eel.

Doing my best to cast at distance with zero coordination my first two casts were pulled by the ripping ebb tide into a snag that they were not retrieved from. I switched to casting well up river  and I caught this wee fella on a two hook golds



On a second rod I was scratching for dabs with some old peeler, squid and sand eel. I'd normally prefer old blacks tipped with mack but my bait supply is down. On past sessions I've been so busy with flats I've missed ray bites with the distance rod. Tonight I may as well been scratching my arse as I hadn't a tap and spent the night feeding the crabs.

My last two casts were crack offs due to my poor casting. I had forgotten shock leader and had ran out of reels so went home. Still 3 hours fishing in pleasant weather with a ray caught, even if he was small, isn't to bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment