Friday, March 18, 2011

Deep water mark, Co. Limerick, 18-March-2011

People: Me

Duration: 9:45 am to 12.50 pm

Tide: 10:34 (0.30m) 16:51 (5.10m)

Weather: Sunny with NW wind at times

Bait: Mack, eel and squid

Rigs: Penel clip down and pulley 3/0 and 2/0

Results: 6 ray, 9lb, 8.5lb, 7lb, 3.5lb, 7lb, 3.5lb


Report: Things have been getting in the way of me getting out and to be honest picking up wee dabs and whites doesn't excite me. A big tide and the day off work with very little fresh coming down I decided to try for an early ray. First cast gave me a light bites on both rods. THinking it was whites I left the bait out and then saw more significant tugs and I was in with a hard fight and the 9lb ray to eel squid.



Things went quiet for low water but as the tide came in I starting getting bites again and it fished until after 12pm with some missed bites.As the the tide ran so did the weed but I fished through this with out to much hassle even though it looked awful. When the weed had ran through the fishing died. The best fishing was to be had 70 yards out



Donagh

2 comments:

  1. Great session there Donagh. I hope to get out on my side tomorrow morning but there will be a fair rip to contend with. Haven't been down on the Shannon yet this year. The mark I will be trying isn't that deep but I have had rays this early from it before and this year is slightly warmer than last so fingers crossed.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. This mark is fairly deep and gives early rays but not usually in this many

    ReplyDelete